PURPOSE: To provide higher-education scholarship assistance to needy and deserving students graduating from Rockbridge County High School.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: The Applicant must:
1. Be a graduating senior or graduate of Rockbridge County High School;
2. Enroll full-time in an accredited two- or four year college or university in the Commonwealth of Virginia;
3. Demonstrate a capacity to satisfactorily complete college-level studies through high academic achievement;
4. Demonstrate good citizenship as evidenced in school and community activities; with strong preference to applicants with extensive leadership experience in 4H and athletic participation.
5. Demonstrate financial need.
6. Resident of Rockbridge Baths Area
Eligible students should obtain an application packet from the school’s guidance office or the Foundation’s website. To apply for a scholarship from the Fund, applicants must complete and return an application packet by the deadline as fixed by the Foundation.
The Foundation will appoint a Scholarship Advisory Committee. This committee will annually review and discuss all qualified applications. Scholarship recipients will be selected using a fair and objective process, and the eligibility criteria stated above will be applied equally to all applicants. The committee will notify the Foundation in writing as to its recommendation. Final approval must then come from the Foundation.
Scholarships from the Blair Family Scholarship Fund are awarded without regard to race, sex, religion, age, or national origin.
The amount and number of scholarships awarded will be determined annually by the Foundation’s spending policy and future growth of the Fund.
Scholarship funds may be used for tuition and fees, books, and other related educational expenses.
The scholarship is renewable.