George C. Marshall Chapter of the Military Officers Association of America Scholarship Fund
PURPOSE: To provide higher-education scholarship assistance to deserving students graduating from high school or an equivalent program in Rockbridge County.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: The Applicant must:
1. Child of active duty, reserve, National Guard or retired members of the United States military.
2. Be a graduate from a high school or equivalent in Rockbridge County.
3. Enroll full-time in an accredited four year college or university.
4. Demonstrate a capacity to satisfactorily complete college-level studies based on:
a. Grade point average.
b. Standardized test scores.
c. Participation in extracurricular activities.
5. Demonstrate good citizenship and leadership as evidenced in school and community activities.
Eligible students should obtain an application packet from the school’s guidance office or the Foundation’s website. To apply for a scholarship from the Fund, applicants must complete and return an application packet by the deadline as fixed by the Foundation.
The Donor will appoint a Scholarship Advisory Committee. This committee will annually review and discuss all qualified applications. Scholarship recipients will be selected using a fair and objective process, and the eligibility criteria stated above will be applied equally to all applicants. The committee will notify the Foundation in writing as to its recommendation.
Scholarships from the George C. Marshall Chapter of the Military Officers Association of America Scholarship Fund are awarded without regard to race, sex, religion, age, or national origin.
The amount and number of scholarships awarded will be determined annually by the Foundation’s spending policy and future growth of the Fund.
Scholarship funds may be used for tuition and fees, books, and other related educational expenses.
RENEWAL: The scholarship is not renewable